Over the years, the Internet has been serving as a communication channel, efficient in many ways. Internet technologies are especially advantageous for business people. Web applications are widely used in business for exchanging information and performing various transactions. Developing web applications has become even more accessible with the help of a web technology stack, i.e. set of tools and programming languages necessary for creating different apps.
All web applications consist of two parts – the server and the client sides. The information is stored on and retrieved from a server, whereas the client side allows having access to this data. This way a business can have a communication channel with its clients. Web applications offer many different ways of interaction, such as fill-in forms, CRM solutions, shopping carts, etc. These apps are also beneficial for a company’s workers. They can have easy access to all the necessary documentation, work on documents simultaneously with other staff members, share information and so on.
It is interesting how web applications were used even before the Internet became so widely spread. Scientists and academics used to utilize certain apps before the rest of the world made the Internet an integral part of their lives.
How Does a Web App Work?
For understanding how exactly a web application works, take a look at the following steps:
- A user opens a web application via a browser or a respective mobile app. This way a request is sent to a webserver;
- Then the request is sent specifically to the app server. This server carries out the request via managing some data. After that, the results are produced;
- The results are sent to the webserver once again;
- Finally, the requested data is delivered via the web server, and the user can view it via their browser or mobile app.
The Advantages of Web Applications
There is a number of reasons why web applications make a business process so efficient. Here is a list of the most useful advantages:
- Web apps can work on any device. The only requirement is a compatible browser;
- The version of the app is the same for each client, which makes it highly compatible;
- They are very cost-effective. Businesses have to provide only a little maintenance, thus reducing costs. Users also do not have to worry about their devices being unsuitable because such apps have quite low requirements;
- It is easier to manage security solutions for these apps because all changes can be applied centrally;
Web applications are convenient in terms of mobility. With modern smartphones and tablets, they can be accessed from any location, as long as you have a stable Internet connection.