There are a lot of businesses coming up these days, and with technology, right there by its side, it becomes even easier to market and advertise your firm for an increasing customer base. Electronic commerce contains a specific concept that is conversion marketing which displays the actions of marketing aiming to increase conversions which means that increase the number of site visitors who are also paying customers.
This process of achieving an improved conversion rate is termed as conversion rate optimization. A high Converting web design opens up a gate that leads to the ultimate success of any business big or small. A firm doesn’t only work on the basis of a great marketing department or exquisite products; good web design is a must. Because in today’s world whenever you hear about a company you first check out its website or whenever someone broaches about their organisation they immediately mention that you should check out their website. To know more about web design for small business, click on the link – Logicsofts as they are experts in providing web solutions for small businesses.
Components of a Good Website
Any small business should first focus on creating a first class website which is:
- Highly converting
- Offers easy navigation
- And lastly accentuating on a strong selling point.
A selling point is an attractive feature which enthuses the customer to buy the specific product or service. On a website, the selling should be mentioned or displayed somewhere where is properly visible.
50 Web Design Tricks for High Converting Websites
Check out the below strategies for high converting websites:
- Flaunting your selling point. Make sure it is clearly depicted on the website, and it’s not hard to find. Your selling point is what differentiates your product or service from the other firms. This should be displayed centrally so that it is the very first thing that visitors set their eyes on the moment they reach your website otherwise the client wouldn’t want to spend much time on your website and that might lead to a drop in conversions.
- Ease of navigation: Walk your site visitors through the website effortlessly. It should make sure at least of a number of clicks and least number of complexities. Try to eliminate continuous pop-ups that direct you to other sites not relevant to yours. Your site navigation should work on your intentions in order to ensure a maximum number of conversions.
- Using a catch and predictable layout. Your creativity just might enthral your visitors into visiting your site more. Creativity attracts! For instance, you can provide numbers in the top right corner and display the logo in the left. Typically the services are displayed in the front and even the call to action link.
- Use images. Pictorial and graphical data makes the interface look attractive hence leading to a higher rate of conversion.
- Use larger images instead of smaller. Studies have shown that larger pictures lead to a high number of conversions than smaller images.
- Maintain the theme of the website. For example, if you’re insisting on using a black and white image, keep it that way throughout the site.
- Ensure Consistent Branding: Make sure that along with your layout and designing, keep your branding consistent. The website should display the same design, size and colour of the logos throughout. Consistent Branding refers to the consistent use of colours and fonts, image styles and media.
- Ensure minimal user input: Keep in mind that the user is not subjected to a numerous input chain. No one would want to fill out a lengthy form on a website.
- Informative: Give importance to the necessary information.
- Keep a simple design of forms: Whatever forms you ask a user to fill out, for whatever purpose should be easy to understand as well as short.
- Loading Time: Make sure your website is loading quickly and not lagging. Because it has been observed that the second delay in loading can lead to a 7% decline in conversions. No one wants to waste their time waiting for a page to load.
- The 8-Second Rule: Keep in mind the 8-second rule which implies that the attention span of a user is usually 8 seconds so your website should be able to grasp the user quickly.
- Reduction in user clicks: A website will be termed as user-friendly only when the website is designed in such a manner where the user does not have to click too many times.
- Create good design: A design that focuses on getting the information in a few steps. Hence try to keep interruptions like pop-ups and advertisements off your page.
- Call to Action Button: Intensify your Call To Action button. It should stand out and be easily spotted by the visitor.
- Always provide the updated number: The numbers on your website should always be updated. Even if you move offices, try to keep the same numbers.
- Number of Call to Action Button: Maintain the number of call to action on every page.
- Ensure colour coordination: Colours play a very important role in grasping the user attention.
- Colour Choice: Do not keep the colour too bright so that it ends up irritating the eyes. Keep it according to the theme of the website.
- Colour consistency: Use consistent colours for data, buttons and hyperlinks to provide it with a catchy image.
- Stay responsive. All respond to your messages and queries.
- Ensure mobile responsive: Keep in mind the technology advancing and people using their smartphones for surfing the internet and going digital. Make sure your web application is very well adaptable to mobile devices.
- Website Space: Websites contain two types of space: negative and positive. Negative space refers to the empty place in the site, and positive space denotes to the space that contains all your elements. Make use of all the negative space.
- Content Quality: Keep the writing coherent, clean and easily understandable. This helps in better communication
- Connection with Viewers and Customers: Identify your audience’s concerns and pain points. Conduct surveys to get a better depth of understanding how to increase your web conversion.
- Consider review mining: This option will be quite beneficial for your website. Review Mining or Sentiment mining is a tool which tracks the mood of the masses.
- Test: Run QA test, Quality Assurance is very essential for a website to operate. We do not want a website that lags or has bloatware. A website will not be user grabbing if its execution time is slow.
- Run A/B Testing. This helps in eliminating errors.
- Simple: Keep the website simple and do not include complexities.
- No Unnecessary Links: Remove unnecessary links.
- Concise: Reduce everything to the bare minimum so that users find the time to explore your USP.
- Easy Information: Keep the website information very brief and short keeping in mind the attention span of a user. Users do not like to read so much of lengthy information on a website.
- Quality: Focus on the crisp nature of your content or products and services.
- Keep the SEO handy. It makes it easier to locate your website and always impresses your visitors.
- Design: If your web design doesn’t lead to sales then probably you should consider re-designing.
- Always update your website according to recent technologies.
- Mobile-Friendly: Always update your mobile version of your website according to recent technologies. We would want a website that runs perfectly on the recent updates browser or a website that runs on Android Oreo perfectly.
- Take inspiration from other websites. As said, ‘Copy the methodology but not the test.’
- Test and Experiment: Always create a prototype before launching your website. It is advisable to engineer a prototype web application and ask some of the users for their feedback; this helps to understand the user needs,
- Social Media Engagement: Put links of social networking platforms like the Facebook page, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ so that user can check out those. This helps in spreading the word about your organisation.
- Optimize, Optimize, Optimize! Stop over thinking or basing your changes on other’s opinions. Keep on working on optimization
- Quick Responses: Always be responsive to information and user input. Customers tend to go with the businesses which are quick to respond.
- Keep a tag of the profile visits and performance graphs.
- User Interest: Introduce minor changes and updates that keep your users interested.
- Connected to emails: Always keep your users apprised through mail or notifications. Let them be aware of new services or updates regarding your organisation.
- Do not underestimate Local SEO: Keep local listing, and local SEO enabled. For better marketing strategies.
- GUI: You can put better GUI on your front page that involves a quick video highlighting the aim of your organisation.
- Good Structure: Keep the website systematic and structured. A good structure improves the navigation of the viewer, thereby keeping them happy.
- Motion Themes: You can use motion themes of graphics that usually grasp user attention.
It is not easy to start a business that effortlessly, loads of hard work and dedication works like a charm. With these tricks, you can easily achieve high levels of conversion, and your business sales will bloom.