Until recently, if you created a digital document, you probably did it as a PDF. Many people still use PDF format and it still has its place in the world of digital documents. The problem with PDFs is that they are not particularly flexible with regards to content and they aren’t especially easy to share, if you want to communicate information to several different people.
Flipbook animation provides a whole new way in which to create digital documents and magazines. It has a much higher level of functionality than PDF and the documents created provide a more natural reading experience. We’re going to take a look at flipbook animation and why it’s so useful for creating documents to be shared on the Internet. You can also take a look at this tutorial on how to make a flipbook for more information.
What is flipbook animation?
If you’re wondering what flipbook animation actually is, it’s a method of producing a digital document or magazine. Flipbooks have a far more user friendly feel than PDF files. Reading an online magazine that has been produced with flipbook technology is a lot like reading a book offline. You turn the pages just the same which means you aren’t left scrolling for what seems lie forever. Flipbook technology brings the old feeling of reading into the digital age.
Why is flipbook animation so useful on the Internet?
So we’ve taken a brief look at flipbook animation is, but you may be thinking, “Why is it so useful for people using the Internet?” You have to look at it this way; a major positive of using the Internet is that it increases interaction. We can see and speak to people all over the world instantaneously and we can pay for more or less anything, no matter where it’s being sold.
Now, if you think about a PDF, you can see that it doesn’t really fit well with the ethos of interaction. That’s where the flipbook comes in. Here are just a few of the benefits you get from using flipbook technology.
- It provides an experience that is more closely related to reading a book in the traditional manner. This helps to make people more comfortable and improves the reading experience.
- Links in flipbooks are perfectly natural as opposed to the slightly clunky links you can come across in PDF files.
- Using a flipbook you can link to other media including video and audio.
- It’s simple to share a flipbook by providing a link. You don’t have to spend time emailing.
- Flipbooks have a search facility so the reader can easily locate a certain point in the text. Some flipbook software even enables the inclusion of bookmarks so the reader can skip to that point whenever they want.
Flipbook animation makes the whole experience of reading digital content more immersive and it completely relates to the Internet ethos of interaction across the globe.