The eCommerce industry is growing at an unprecedented rate. More and more people across the world are discovering the benefits of shopping online. Not only it saves them time and effort, but they also end up saving dollars using coupons and discounts that are freely available on the Internet at the click of a button. In the year 2015, the number of transactions that took place across the world was estimated to be at $38.5 billion dollars. It was $25.4 billion dollars in the year 2012.
Why drive if you do not have to?
Millions of transactions worth billions of dollars take place on these eCommerce websites. With all these features and facilities come some security issues and potential dangers. It is important to understand these associated and inherent risks of running a successful eCommerce store.
This makes ecommerce sites a major target for hackers, fraud, and data theft and data loss. It is to be noted here that it is not only your data that is at risk here, but also that of your customers who have shared their personal and financial details with you. Losing this data can mean breaking the trust and faith that your customers have put in your business.
So what are the potential causes behind data loss and how it can be prevented or how can the lost data be recovered? We will try to answer these questions below.
- Here are some of the main and immediate reasons behind data loss and corruption:
- Power outages and power failure may result in loss of data. It can also result in data being corrupted in the process.
- Memory wear due writing new data over and over again.
- Natural disasters like earthquakes, fire, flood etc. can render your drives useless.
- If the server on which your files and data are stored is shut down improperly due to any reason or during the maintenance mode, you may lose data.
- Hardware failures, bad sectors, bad drives are known to happen and when it does, you may lose your entire site and its respective data.
- A short circuit can result in a burnout or bad sectors.
Sometimes bad programming or a wrong piece of code can lead to data loss.
- If you are out of luck, then human errors are also responsible for data loss. The people using your system need to be qualified and diligent.
Avoiding data loss
Here are some of the effective ways you can ensure that you do not have to face that ugly situation where you are left scratching your head on what to do next. Some steps you can take to make sure you avoid or at least reduce the impact:
- One of the simplest ways in which you can avoid this situation is to implement a backup and recovery solution. It is also critical that you use it on a regular basis, otherwise you may lose all the data that was created and stored from the time when the last backup was made to the time of the unfortunate event.
- A small amount of maintenance on a regular basis can go a long way in protecting your data.
Data recovery expert
In spite of all the efforts and measures that you had taken, if still you find yourself in a situation in which your solid-state drive (SSD) has failed allowing you to lose all that precious data worth thousands if not millions of dollars of business, you need to call in the experts and use SSD secure data recovery and data repair technology.
Because they are experts in SSD data recovery and repair, they are able to recover the data almost every time they take up a new case. It is important to look at the success rate of a company before hiring their services.
A success rate of 90 percent and above means you can trust that your case is in good hands. It is also a marvelous idea to check and double check their certifications and degrees to understand what kind of knowledge they have and what kind of problems they can handle. Talk about their past experience and how many and what kind of cases they have worked on previously.
Take a look at their website if need be, however if you go through all the positive reviews that other satisfied customers have left on their site, you will know that your case is in the right hands. They not only deal in SSD drives but also in hybrid drives.
Running an online business means that you have to stay online 24×7, this is because customers are buying stuff on your ecommerce store 24×7 which is what you want them to be able to do right? In such a situation if something happens to your SSD on a weekend then who are you going to turn to? This is where a reliable service provider comes into the play. A company that remains online and is able to provide their valuable services 24x7x365 days a year is certainly recommended.